Terms and Conditions
By participating in this contest (“Contest“), each person who applies or is nominated (“Applicant”) accepts and agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Meadow Hall Foundation is launching a 1 million Naira Award to an inspirational teacher and a 2 million Naira award to an inspirational Head-teacher or equivalent (Head mistress or Head master) who recognizes the importance of the teaching profession and promotes excellence in teaching. Submissions can be made up till the 10th of April, 2017. The winner will be announced during the Inspirational Educator Awards event coming up on the 23rd of April, 2017. The selection process will be audited by Judges.
To be eligible, an Applicant must:
- Be at least twenty (20) years old at time of entry;
- Have minimum number of 3 years teaching Experience;
- Have a teaching qualification;
- Be a member of TRCN;
- Be a staff in a government approved school;
- Teach or provide educational support to students between the ages of 5 and 18 in a school setting;
- Not be prohibited from participating in the Contest or receiving the Award under applicable law;
- Not have a criminal record;
- Not have conducted themselves (by act or omission) in such a way as to bring the teaching profession or MHF, its affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and subsidiaries (“MHF Parties”) into disrepute (as may be determined at the sole discretion of MHF);
- Not be a previous Award winner; and
- Not be an employee or consultant of Meadow Hall Group or its affiliates, or an immediate family member of such employee or consultant.
3. How to apply.
To enter, complete the application form and follow the instructions on the INSEA website.
4. Selection Criteria.
The judges will evaluate Applications based on the following criteria:
- Innovative and effective instructional practices and student learning outcomes in the classroom and school;
- Accomplishments beyond the classroom that provide role models for the teaching profession – whether through charitable or community work, or through sporting, academic or cultural achievement;
- Contributions to public debates on raising the bar of the teaching profession, whether through writing articles, blogs, taking part in media and social media campaigns, events or conferences;
- Sharing inspirational education practices with other teachers;
- Preparing children to be global citizens in a world where they will encounter people from many different religions, cultures and nationalities;
- Improving access to a quality education for children of all backgrounds;
- Third party recognition of a teacher’s achievements in the classroom and beyond. This can include pupils, colleagues, head‐teacher as well as members of the wider community –including Government, faith based organizations and Cooperate organizations (supporting written and/or video testimonials should be provided); and
- Encouraging others to join the teaching profession;
- Character referrals;
- Evidence of innovation;
- Evidence of accomplished students (track record).
5. Head teacher. Criteria for head teacher:
- A minimum of 5years leading in a school or
- In education for 5years and 2years leadership experience.
6. Selection Process.
The first committee of judges (“Award Committee”) will meet in March 2017 to select ten finalists. A final panel of judges will then select the winner, subject to additional screening, background and reference checks.
- The award will be paid in one installment.
- The winner must accept the following conditions
- Shall not conduct themselves (by act or omission) in such a way as to bring the teaching profession or any of the MHF Parties into disrepute (as may be determined at the sole discretion of MHF).
- The winner must:
- Continue to teach or provide educational support to students between the ages of 5 and 18 in a school setting and
- Serve as an Ambassador for MHF. Serving as an Ambassador for MHF shall include but not be limited to attending events, speaking to the media, undertaking training and other commitments outside of working hours, on weekends and/or on holidays.
8. Conditions and Limitations:
- Limit one application per Applicant.
- Applicants who do not win will not receive notification. Entries will not be returned.
- Applicants will not be reimbursed for any costs incurred in connection with submitting the application.
- MHF is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries.
- Upon submission, Applicants grant MHF a non‐exclusive, irrevocable, royalty‐free and worldwide license to use and modify the Application, in whole or in part, for commercial and other purposes, without any payment or other consideration, for use in any media now known or hereafter discovered, in perpetuity, to the extent legally permissible.
- By entering this Contest, each Applicant forever discharges and releases the MHF Parties from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind (“Claims”) arising from or in connection with the Contest. Applicant also indemnifies the MHF Parties from all Claims arising from third parties in relation to Applicant’s participation in this Contest or the breach of any of these Terms and Conditions by the Applicant. Applicants represent that they have:
- (i) all intellectual property rights to all of the content of their application materials and
- (ii) the authority to submit these materials and to grant the license described herein. Applicants shall fully indemnify the MHF Parties for all third party claims arising directly or indirectly from breach of this representation.
- Applicants agree to the use of their name and likeness in publicity without notice or any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. The winner acknowledges that MHF has the right to publicize and broadcast the winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they won, and all matters incidental thereto. MHF is not obligated to attribute an Application to the Applicant who submitted it.
- At MHF’s discretion, applicants may be required to provide proof of compliance with any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Winners will be solely responsible for any and all taxes incurred by their participation in the contest. MHF will report or withhold any individual winnings in accordance with applicable law.
- MHF reserves the right to terminate the Contest without awarding the Award if no eligible winner claims the Award within the required time.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and Conditions, MHF reserves the right to:
- (i) desist from paying any and all Award money and/or
- (ii) require the winner to return any Award money already disbursed if,at any point after the award of the Award to the winner, it is discovered that: (x) any of the Application material was false or misleading in any way, (y) the winner was not in fact eligible or (z) that any of these:
- Terms and Conditions have otherwise been breached.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to modification by MHF in its sole discretion.
- This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Each of these Terms and Conditions is subject to applicable law.
- This Contest and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Nigeria, without regard to any conflicts of law principles. Any and all claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contest or these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the non‐exclusive jurisdiction of Nigeria.